Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cheese stuffed meatloaf

If you love cheese and meatloaf then you will definitely love this recipe. I found it in a magazine and thought Brandon and I would enjoy it!

1/2 C milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 C crushed cornflakes
1/2 C finely chopped onion
3 Tbsp finely chopped celery
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp rubbed sage
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese


In a large mixing bowl mix the first 10 ingredients together. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. On a large piece of foil, roll out beef mixture into a square on the foil. Spread sour cream to within 1/2 inch of edges. Then sprinkle with the cheese. Roll up, jelly roll style, peeling away foil as you roll. Seal seams and ends and place seam side down in a greased baking dish.

Bake uncovered at 350 for 65-75 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

Now, with that all typed out, I did tweak the recipe a little bit. I didn't have cornflakes so I crushed some croutons that I had and I added my own spices since I didn't have any that the recipe called for. It still came out delicious!!! Brandon and I loved it! I served it with mashed potatoes, salad, and some rolls and we had a great dinner.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Z said...

Sounds super super yummy!!!!