Monday, March 31, 2008

Potty training

Since I am pregnant it is my goal to potty train Kayle before the baby is born. I bought a potty and books for her and started showing her how everything works. Then I realized that I will be traveling soon and maybe I should wait until we get back to really start. Well, my smart little girl is really starting to figure it out. This morning I was sitting at the computer and Kayle was in her room reading a book. All of a sudden I heard the toilet flush. I walk in there expecting to see something floating in the toilet that she just tried to flush. Instead, I find poop on the seat and handle!!! I don't want to get mad because she is doing something very good. So I ignore the mess and tell her to wash her hands and give her a high five for the good job she just did. I continue to clean up the mess as she goes back to her book. I walk into her room looking for the place she pooped, (I left her naked). It is no where to be found. I think to myself she had to have pooped somewhere on the floor and then picked it up and brought it to the toilet. I found NO traces! I think she walked to the bathroom knowing she had to go and instead of going in her toilet she pooped in her hand and then flushed it :) Funny I know but that is the only thing I can come up with. I think she is ready and I will work with the traveling issue. Here is to a successful potty training!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

That is so funny... smart little girl you have on your hands!
Good Luck!

ps - cannot wait to see you!