Wednesday, December 2, 2009

month of germs

Pardon my absence for the past month. Makenna, Kayle, and I were sick practically the whole month of November. Actually, I think we were sick towards the end of October, it is all beginning to blend together. We have all been to the Doctor several times it seems like. Definitely catching up on my quota for seeing the Doctor!

It started with Makenna, she had a cough that wouldn't go away, then Kayle started coughing, sneezing and had a yucky nose. Makenna went into the Doctor for her well baby visit and that was when I found out she had bronchiolitis. Basically it causes her to wheeze, the medicine they gave me did nothing. She went back into the Doctor and they said to try Benedryl, that too has done nothing.

The weeks went on and suddenly Kayle is not acting happy and barely eating a thing. I took her into the Doctor to find out she had an ear infection and bronchitis. That meant 10 days of antibiotics... UGHHHHHH... this is not easy, even the good bribes wouldn't work. Somehow, we made our quota each day and she finished the antibiotics! I think she is doing much better, still coughing but it sounds better.

Meanwhile, I was coughing and coughing and feeling horrible. I went into my Doctor and after chest xrays they determined I had pleurisy. That is an infection of the fluid that lines the lungs and rib area. Painful breathing problem and coughing problem. So, I got put on antibiotics too.

Somehow Brandon has not gotten sick through all of this (knock on wood), I hope he doesn't. That also leads me to believe that there are a few scenarios to why just the girls are sick.... A) something in the house is affecting us, possibly a hidden mold problem. B) We are not use to the moist conditions like Brandon is (he grew up in the bay area). C) It is allergies. I wish I knew so I could make everyone feel better.

I hope December brings us a healthy mind and body!

Makenna is starting a new herbal medicine that will hopefully help her cough!! We will see...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have been batteling the same problem...Elijah has had a horrible cold going on 5 weeks. He sounds like he has bronchitis. He has really bad wheezing and cough. I keep taking him to the naval hospital and they say he is fine...NO he is not fine. I take him a week ago they tell me doesn't have an ear infection, I take him this week and they tell me that he has an ear infection that is already healing so that he doesn't need anything. They say, oh it will probalby last another 2-4 weeks. I'm sorry but does that seem healthy for a six month old baby. I'm just worried it is going to become or RSV or something horrible. UGHHHHHH, I feel your frustration. Ally, Emily and I all had it too but it did not last this long. Can't wait to catch up, miss talking to you!